The management of the Brno Philharmonic has announced a selection procedure for the position of Executive Editor, who will be supposed to start work from 1 November 2020.
The scope of this vacant position is the creation of a professional editorial agenda for concert seasons and festivals of the Brno Philharmonic (programmes for individual concerts, programme catalogues, programme offers, etc.), professional and language editing of texts (including their proofreading) and their preparation for graphic processing, negotiating cooperation with authors, with the graphic studio and the printing company. The required starting date for this job is 1 November 2020, and the coefficient of work engagement is 1.0.
Qualification prerequisites and requirements:
- University degree in the humanities (at least a master's degree), excellent orientation in the theory and history of classical music
- perfect knowledge of the Czech language verbally and in writing, and knowledge of the English language at a communicative level
- general overview in culture
- diligence, independence, team spirit and communicativeness
- musicological and/or Czech language and literature background
- previous experience in an editorial position
Please submit your written applications with a cover letter and a brief CV by 18 August 2020 (inclusive) at the latest, in an electronic form to the following e-mail address: email@example.com , or by post to the following postal address:
Filharmonie Brno, p. o.
Komenského náměstí 534/8, Brno 602 00