Subtitled History – Spirituality – Liturgy – Music and Art, this online workshop is organized by Masaryk Institute and Archives of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The deadline for applications for this one-day event is this Friday, i.e., 15 January 2021.
The entire workshop will take place online via ZOOM from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on 1 February 2021, Please email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 January 2021.
The aims of the workshop are as follows:
- Coordinating research and establishing a Czech interdisciplinary research community
- Prospects of linking with international research
- Involvement in technical databases, such as Knihověda (Book Science), etc.
- Publishing activities, incl. digital publishing: methodologies and formats
- Joint publishing output topics
Opening: 9 to 9.30 a.m.
The history of the Order in Bohemia
Petr Hlaváček, Institute of Philosophy of the Czech Academy of Sciences – discussion
Section I: 9.45 to 10.45 a.m.
- Self-presentation and communication of the Order in medieval and modern societies
- Martin Elbel, Palacký University Olomouc; Kateřina Bobková Valentová, Institute of History of the Czech Academy of Sciences; and Marek Brčák, Archives of Charles University
Section II: 11 to 12.30 a.m.
- Liturgy, music and musical culture in monasteries and convents of Czech Franciscans and Clarisses
- Vít Aschenbrenner, University of West Bohemia; Markéta Králová, Masaryk Institute and Archives of the Czech Academy of Sciences; and Hana Vlhová-Wörner, Masaryk Institute and Archives of the Czech Academy of Sciences
Discussion panel: 1:30 to 3.15 p.m.
- Historical and musical sources:
- State of knowledge and processing materials
- History: Martin Elbel, Marek Brčák, Kateřina Bobková-Valentová and Petr Hlaváček
- Musicology: Vít Aschenbrenner, Markéta Králová and Hana Vlhová-Wörner
- The Knihověda (Book Science) project and Franciscan libraries: Marta Hradilová, Masaryk Institute and Archives of the Czech Academy of Sciences; and Jindřich Marek, Faculty of Arts, Charles University
Closing discussion: 3.30 to 4 p.m.